Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I owe you an explanation..


Hey there,

It's been a while so I thought I better write you a letter and explain myself before I continue blogging as if nothing ever happened.

I'm a big believer in doing what makes you happy and an even bigger believer that what makes you happy can always change. We grow, we learn and things that used to be so important to us just stop having any significance. New things come in and take over, new interests develop and life starts taking you down a path you'd never even thought about before.

This isn't a break up letter and it's definitely not a goodbye. It's an introduction to who I am now and what new parts of my life I want to share with you. 2014 has been a great year for me, I've learnt so much about life, about the decisions I make and found things I am so passionate about.

At the beginning of the year I merged my two blogs into this all inclusive website. I had started feeling like the beauty content on EasyDress.org wasn't the most interesting thing for me and that I just didn't have time to devote to writing about food on EasyBite.org. The idea was that this blog could be about beauty but also about anything else I cared to write about. I got pretty lost along the way. Every time I'd write a post it had no passion. I'd think of new topics and start to write about them but get bored part way through. The pressure to continue writing like I was writing for EasyDress.org was strong, I didn't want to disappoint myself but even more then that I didn't want to disappoint you by providing mediocre content. I took an unplanned break from blogging. It wasn't my intention, it just happened and I'm sorry I gave you no warning.

With a new focus and a better understanding on what I want to write about I'm ready to write for you again. Beauty is still something I enjoy and you're guaranteed to see plenty of beauty content but there's also a lot more I want to share with you. My lifestyle has moved into living cruelty-free and I will write about this change in more detail later. It means that a lot of brands will no longer have a place on RebeccaLife.com and that's okay, I no longer feel pressure to write about products that may be wonderful to use but have morals I don't believe in behind them.

I hope you understand my absence and I really hope you enjoy the new direction I intend to take this blog. I think you'll have a lot of fun here. As always, you can find me on Twitter and Instagram (@ohrebeccalife) or send me an email at friends@rebeccalife.com.

Your friend,
Rebecca.



No comments: