Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Current (Amazing) Skincare Routine


There is no point in spending hundreds of dollars on make up if you don't take care of the skin underneath it.

I've always had a pretty thorough skin care routine and while I've never suffered from acne, I do have acne prone skin and skin care plays a huge part in whether my skin is clear or blemished. The more chemicals and treatments I use, the more I break out. I've been using the same products for about a year now and am incredibly happy with the results. Using these products has saved my skin, my skin was always on the verge of breaking out, dull, lifeless and irritated. Now I'm literally glowing and for the first time ever I have well behaved skin.

I've become a huge fan of Kora Organics and after countless repurchases they've become staples in my skin care routine. This is going to look like a bit of a Kora love-fest but I do use other brands as well.

I'll list which products I use morning and night at the bottom of the post.


Bioderma Sensibio H2O
I don't know what this miracle liquid is made of or how it came to be, but it's amazing. I remove every single bit of my make up with it in less than a minute. It's fragrance-free and non-irritation, my sensitive skin loves it. I've gone through about 5 500ml bottles of Bioderma since I found it a year or so ago. It's the only product I trust to remove my make up without irritating my skin.

Kora Organics Cream Cleanser
I have a full review of this product here. It's gentle on my skin and cleanses without stripping. It's designed for normal/sensitive/dry skin but I find that it's the best product for my normal/oily skin. I've tried the Kora Foaming Cleanser for oily skin but I prefer the cream.

Kora Organics Exfoliating Cream
This cream is incredible gentle but still buffs away any dry skin. It leaves my skin soft and smooth and never irritates, even in sensitive areas such as my chin and around my nose.

Kora Organics Purifying Mud Mask
I've never been a fan of face masks because they've always irritated my skin and I'd be left dealing with blemishes and acne for days after. This mask gives my skin a thorough clean while hydrating it at the same time. The last thing I want to do is put make up on after using this mask, it leaves my skin so soft and fresh.

Kora Organics Purifying Moisturiser

I have oily skin and have always chosen to use a lighter moisturiser, I don't need the same type of hydration that someone with dry skin would need. Unfortunately lighter moisturisers are typically too gentle to penetrate the skin. This moisturiser from Kora is absolutely wonderful as a day and night cream, it's light enough to wear under make up, is slightly mattifying but is also nourishing enough for night time. 

Trilogy Rose Hip Oil
If you're not currently using rose hip oil on your skin then stop reading this blog post, run down to your local pharmacy and pick some up, you can thank me later. Not only is it incredibly hydrating to dry skin, it's also fantastic for oil control on oily skin. It makes pores less visible, it give your skin an incredible glow, it fades acne scars and darker spots, it tones skin and is an incredibly anti-aging serum. I use two drops all over my face after my moisturiser at night (if you use a heavy moisturiser or night cream then apply the rose hip oil first). Trilogy is my favourite rose hip oil, it's pure, light and sits really nicely on the skin.

Origins Eye Doctor Eye Cream
I've been using this eye cream for about a year now purely for anti-aging measures. I don't have dry skin around my eyes but my fair complexion does give me dark circles. This cream helps to minimise them and I also find that it locks my under eye concealer in place also. It's wonderfully hydrating and just as a side note, I noticed my eye lashes getting fuller almost a month after I started using it. I love how silky it applies to the skin and how a little goes a long, long way.

Below is my typical morning and night skin care routine using the products mentioned above.

Morning:
Kora Organics Cleanser
Kora Organics Moisturiser
Origins Eye Cream

Night:
Bioderma Sensibo Creline
Kora Organics Cleanser
Kora Organics Exfoliator (every 2-3 nights only)
Kora Organics Moisturiser
Trilogy Rose Hip Oil
Origins Eye Cream

Weekly:
Kora Organics Purifying Mud Mask (every 1-2 weeks)


So what's your skin care routine like, have you tried any of these products? Is there something you recommend I try? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @ohrebeccalife =)

Animal Testing:
Bioderma, Kora Organics, Origins and Trilogy do not test on animals.

No comments: