Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Moroccan Lentils and Stir-Fried Vegetables!



Just like every one else, I don't have time every night to cook a gourmet dinner with a complex recipe. Some nights I just want to have a nice dinner on the table as soon as possible so I can get onto important things such as watching Friends re-runs and making wish lists at Sephora. 

On these nights I reach for my newly discovered (and well loved) lentils, quinoa, sauces and more from Celebrate Health. 


You'll need:

1 packet of Celebrate Health Moroccan Lentils
1 packet of Celebrate Health Teriyaki Sauce
A good amount of your chosen vegetables, I'm using butternut pumpkin, broccoli and spinach for my vegetable stir-fry. 
1 cup of water


First, chop your vegetables into good sized pieces. We're going to stir-fry them but I'm going to steam them first to get a head start in the cooking process. This will cut your total cooking time down also, great when you're in a rush. 

Microwave the vegetables in a microwave safe container with a little bit of water for about 8 minutes (until roughly half way cooked through), now they're ready to stir-fry. I'm leaving the spinach out of the steaming process because it won't take long cook when it's stir-fried.

If you'd like to skip this step and just stir-fry them, stir-fry for about 10 minutes with a little bit of water before cooking the lentils.

To prepare the lentils, pour the package into a saucepan and add 1 cup of water. Bring the lentils to boil over medium-high heat, then cover and simmer on low-medium heat for 15 minutes. 


While the lentils are cooking, add your stir-fry sauce (and Spinach, in my case) to the vegetables and let simmer on medium heat until cooked through. Give it a good stir and you're done!


This dish is bursting with flavour and will satisfy any hunger. It's incredibly easy to prepare and 100% natural, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and vegan. This meal is the epitome of healthy eating, well done Celebrate Health. 



Why is it good for me?

Lentils are packed with fibre, protein and iron (which makes them perfect for vegetarians). They're rich in folic acid and potassium which are essential in a healthy diet. They have no cholesterol and very little fat. They also make you feel full for a long period of time.

The Celebrate Health stir-fry sauces are completely natural (which isn't easy to find) and taste amazing. They add wonderful flavours to your meals and liven up vegetables so you can put more into your diet.



Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me, this post is not sponsored.

1 comment:

Gabriela Houston said...

Indeed, my son really loved squash because it is very delicious. This vegetable is very good to our eyes and I want to cook Stir Fry Sauce and the main ingredient is squash. I think this is the recipe I'm looking for. Thank you for this one.