Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

NOTD: OPI 'Stay The Night' Liquid Sand - Review!


I'm a fan of super glossy cream nail polishes. I don't wear matte, suede or satin finishes and shimmer rarely finds a place to land on my nails. But, being the curious person I am, when OPI released their new 'Liquid Sand' finish in the Mariah Carey collection I jumped straight on it.

Stay The Night is a dark grey liquid sand with a pinkish red fine glitter. It applies just like any other nail polish but as it sets you start to see the 'sand' appear on the surface. It's a little thicker than a standard nail polish but is incredibly easy to apply and dries quickly.

I used two coats to achieve the desired Liquid Sand finish and I have to say that it's actually pretty nice. But personally, I need glossy nails. I wasted no time in throwing on a top coat to all but one of my nails to test out the wear.

Usually I get about 3-4 days of wear before I need to change my nail polish, as soon as there’s a chip, scratch or dent I will remove it all. Stay The Night went for 7 solid days before it slightly chipped on a couple of the corners, I never get that kind of wear from a standard nail polish. The nails with top coat and the nail without all chipped at around the same time, the top coat made no difference to the wear time.

I have to say that while I enjoyed this polish without the top coat, it's such a show off shade when it's glossy. I had countless people asking what nail polish it was or just generally complimenting the colour and shimmer in the polish.

The only downfall was that this polish was such a pain to remove, worse than any of the glitter nail polishes I've tried, it took a good 15 minutes of scrubbing before I had clean nails.

This polish was a pain in the neck to photograph, I tried indoors and outdoors but I couldn't get a good photo of the dimension of the polish, so I stole one.

The picture at the top of this post is mine, the picture below was taken from The Polish-Aholic, with a top coat and without. 
I'm not overly interested in the other Liquid Sand shades available at the moment but if more are released and there's one that appeals to me I would be happy to buy another.

This would be an excellent finish for anyone who's interested in trying matte nail polish but wants something a bit more interesting.

1 comment:

The Made Up Maiden said...

I have the very same shade! I keep meaning to review it but it's been a bit busy so I haven't had the time.

I think you did a great job with the photo. :)