Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

NEW PRODUCT! Nivea Lip Butters (Review)



I adore a good lip balm, my lips chap easily and I am always looking for products to keep them hydrated throughout the day. I've been a long-time fan of Niveas Essential Care Lip Balm Stick and have used it on and off for the past few years.

It seems like most brands are diving into the 'Lip Butter' trend with all guns blazing at the moment but I was glad to see an attempt by a brand that has a good history with making lip balms.

Nivea released four lip butters and I have three of them. Smooth Kiss is an unscented, unflavoured lip butter, Raspberry Rose Kiss has a strong raspberry scent with a slight hint of rose and a mildly sweet taste, Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss has a creamy vanilla scent with a mildly nutty sweet taste. The other lip butter released was Caramel Cream Kiss.

The scents are really nice, they don't smell cheap or over-fragranced.




After I moved on from my initial disappointment that these lip balms contain petroleum, (a common lip balm ingredient but one I try to avoid) I gave them all a two day spin to test out their power.

All of the lip butters performed in the same way. The texture is fairly thick and creamy but not at all sticky, they all apply clear and the scent and taste wears off fairly quickly.

They moisturised quite well but once they had absorbed there was no lingering effects. They took about an hour to absorb completely (a normal time frame) but I then needed to apply the balm again, it didn't keep my lips hydrated. I like my lip balms to keep my lips hydrated for at least another hour after it has absorbed. This could also be because my lips aren't used to using petroleum based products.

Ultimately, the lip butters are decent for a non-treatment balm. The ingredients are pretty typical of a lip balm but the creamy texture and scents will make these more favoured. However I'll continue using my Nivea Essential Care lip balm on a day-to-day basis. I find it more nourishing and it doesn't contain petroleum.

Each lip butter contains 16.7g of product, by comparison the Nivea Essential Care contains only 4.8g of product. Those in the US can find them at Rite Aid, they will be released in Australia in mid-April with a price tag around $7.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kavita sharma said...

I love the raspberry flavor very nice and smooth texture and love buy this only think I have to use finger to apply this. This main problem but as you have mention this so good I will surly going to buy this lip care , thanks for this post.

Oncology & Cancer Surgery India

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.