Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Skylark 'Ava' and 'Sophia' Lipgloss Duo - Review


Incase you don't know, Skylark is the long-time-coming make up brand from Elle and Blair Fowler. Out of general uninterest, lack of availability in Australia (and a tinge of jealousy) I wasn't really inclined to purchase the brand but after being bombarded with requests for a review I decided to give you what you want - a review of the first released products.

In all honesty, I expected to like the products. If you've seen a YouTube beauty video from Elle or Blair, you're likely aware that when it comes to make up they spare no expense. If these girls say 'we have tried every brand of lipgloss', it's likely that they mean it.

Knowing that the girls have had a hands-on input into the manufacture of the products gave me confidence to expect the lipglosses to be good, they know what works, they know what doesn't. What I didn't expect though is just how good they would actually be, I would go as far as saying that this is possibly the best lipgloss formula I have ever used.

The lipglosses come in a duo and they are the only two shades. 'Ava' is a light, bubblegum cream pink and 'Sophia' is a mid-tone mauve berry with a slight shimmer. The colours are apparently based off of the two main characters (also by the same name) in their debut novel. 


The glosses are both semi-opaque and have enough colour to be worn on their own, they're marked as not being sticky and it's an almost correct statement. They're slightly sticky but in no way unpleasent to wear (especially for a sticky lipgloss hater like me), the touch of stickiness helps the lipgloss to stay on your lips, rather than just sliding off.

They're creamy, buttery and very pleasent to wear. What I love most about them is that they don't settle into the fine lines on my lips, this is a common problem I have with lipglosses (and the main reason I rarely wear them). I think this is enhanced by the long doe-foot applicator (unlike any other I've seen before) that applys the lipgloss in one stroke, rather than having to go back over again and start pushing the product around your lips.

Personally, the colours don't suit my skin tone so I find them hard to wear (they're both very cool shades, leaning only slightly towards neutral) but the formula is fantastic, I can't point out any flaws.
You can purchase the Skylark lipglosses on Blush.com for $29 (for the set of two), they do post internationally.


Animal Testing: Skylark does not test on animals.


3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Interesting... every part of me wants to hate these as I really don't like "Elle and Blair" (quotations due to fake names).. unfortunately I don't like the colour so I won't be buying them, but the formula sounds amazing.

Stephanie said...

Really glad to see a review on these that I can trust. Off to look at purchasing now :)

Jennifertricia said...

Hi, I really love your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! You can check it out at
http://jennifertricia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html
:)