Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Glasshouse Fragrances 'Coney Island' Candle (Burnt Sugar and Fig)



If you follow me on twitter you're probably well aware that I have an obsession with scent, particularly with candles. You're probably also aware that when it comes to candles, I am completely in love with Glasshouse Fragrances.

When I heard whispers of a new limited edition scent back in July I checked my local home wares store almost daily (hence the for mentioned obsession) for this new, mysterious product. Then I started hearing words such as 'burnt sugar' and 'white peony' and my obsession grew from a casual browse to a full blown man hunt. I contacted Glasshouse and they very kindly told me to calm down, the candle won't be released until September.

I bribed a sales girl (because that's the kind of person I am) into calling me as soon as the candle was on their shelves. On the day it launched I waltzed into the store like it was my wedding day and I was about to make a life time commitment to my soul mate. My soul mate was fruitier than expected but oh-so divine.


The stand out notes of Coney Island are Burnt Sugar and Fig but as the candle is burning the smooth blend of Vanilla Blossom, Coconut Milk and Passion Fruit comes to life. Jasmine and Freesia keep the scent lively while Vanilla Ambrette holds a mellow note long after you have finished burning the candle.

Top Notes: Mediterranean Fig, White Peony, Passion Fruit, Bergamot and  White Peach.
Middle: Wild Jasmine, Baby Freesia, Vanilla Blossom, Coconut Milk
Base: Vanilla Ambrette, Fig Leaf, Caramelized Sugar


Can we just talk about how utterly gorgeous this packaging is?
I haven't been able to bring myself to throw away the box because it so beautifully detailed, not to mention the blue glass candle (instead of the regular clear glass).


Glasshouse candles retail for around $38 and have an 80 hour burn time (though I find that it leans more towards 100 hours). They're triple scented and can easily scent your home. I leave mine burning in my lounge room and it scents the room, my bedroom, the kitchen and dining room. The scent lingers long after you have extinguished the flame (by putting the lid back on, never blow out a Glasshouse candle).

Coney Island is limited edition so you'll need to grab it quickly. 

You can find a list of in store and online stockists on www.glasshousefragrances.com


1 comment:

Dustyn said...

I need this. I miss candles.