Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Evo 'The Therapist' Shampoo and Condition (Review)



Are you ready to have your mind blown?

You'll have to wait for something else then because this review isn't mind blowing. It should come as no shock to anyone that I am about to write a rave review of an Evo product (especially after THIS post - Warning, I use Caps Lock.. a lot). In fact you should be expecting this. After all, Evo is my favourite hair care brand.


You probably already know that about 6 months ago I set my hair on fire. If you're not up-to-speed you can read all about here HERE.

I have been hunting for a shampoo and conditioner to truly nourish and strengthen my hair from the inside, not just to make it shiny and soft on the outside. I tried various different brands, both high end and low end, but nothing was even attempting to combat my fried strands of hair. In fact, even the most nourishing of shampoos left my hair feeling stringy and dead.

But low and behold in steps Evo to save the day.

The Therapist Calming Shampoo and Conditioner is formulated as naturally as possible while still containing all the necessary ingredients to strengthen, calm and repair your hair. It's bursting with moisture and is completely paraben and sulfate free.

If you've never used a sulfate free shampoo before then you should know that sulfates are what causes the shampoo to lather. Sulfate free shampoo goes on like a gel and will only mildly lather as you work it into your hair. It's easy to over use a sulfate free shampoo because it's quite strange to use at first but just apply it in the same way you would with any other shampoo - starting at the roots and working it through to the ends.
The shampoo leaves my hair soft and I can still easily run my fingers through it. It doesn't strip the hair of it's natural moisture but it still gives a thorough clean. It works at repairing each strand by building up the protein.

The conditioner is as luxurious as you think. I start by taking a small amount and running it through the roots of my hair. Then I take a larger amount and run it through the lengths. You can feel it conditioning your hair and your roots from the moment you apply it. I leave the conditioner on for 2-3 minutes (while I wash my face, brush my teeth, etc).


When I wash out the conditioner my hair is soft and silky, it feels stronger and it has a distinctive shine. It's not so soft that it feels like plastic because the products aren't loaded with silicons and vegetable fats. 



I've noticed a lot less breaking and less hair left on my hair brush since using these products. My hair is slowly recovering from burn damage and feels more hydrated every day.


One set of bottles lasts about a month (washing my long hair every second day) and I'm now on my 3rd set. The bottles are around $26 each for 300ml, which is the regular price for a high end hair product.
Evo products are sold in selected salons only and you can find a list of local stockists on evohair.com.au or you can purchase online at evohair.com.au or adorebeauty.com.au


Animal Testing: Evo does not test on animals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks on creating one of the most stylish blogs I have come across in a long time! It's truly incredible how much you are able to take away from some thing simply because of how aesthetically gorgeous it is. Youve created a fantastic be site fantastic graphics , structure. site!