Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Yes To Cucumbers Calming Shower Gel


If you read my review on the Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes HERE you would know that I'm a new fan of the brand.

It's been a while since I've switched up my body wash but I saw this one and thought that since I was so in love with the Facial Wipes, maybe the shower gel would deserve my love too.

The shower gel is packed with Vitamins A and C to hydrate the skin and calm down any irritations. It's 99.8% natural and contains mostly organic ingredients.

It smells like cucumbers, a lot of cucumbers. I love the fresh, cool scent but if you prefer a more relaxing or mild scent it could be bit off putting.

It lathers like crazy on a loofah and leaves the skin feeling incredibly soft. It's made especially for sensitive skin so it's not drying or 'stripping' or your skins natural oils. I am more of a 'don't fix what isn't broken' kind of person when it comes to skin care and since I have 'normal' skin on my body I don't want anything that could tamper with my skins natural balance. However if you're used to sulfate-loaded, paraben based 'squeaky clean' shower gels it may take you a while to get used to this wash. You won't get that 'squeaky clean' feeling but you will feel that your skin is nourished and hydrated.
 Active ingredients in this product are Cucumbers, Rosemary, Broccoli, Dill, Green Pepper, Dead Sea Water, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Green Tea, Spinach and Almond Oil. I know, sounds like a side salad.

It does contain a sulfate. This particular sulfate is called 'Sodium Coceth Sulfate' and from what I can find it's a mild product derived from coconut oil.

It also contains fragrance with no indication of it's origin, do be wary if you're sensitive.

All in all, I don't mind it. I'll use up the bottle (the GIANT bottle, it's half a litre) and could possibly repurchase.

If you have sensitive or dry skin I definitely recommend giving it a try.
I picked mine up at Priceline for $9.95.


Animal Testing: Yes To (including Yes To Cucumbers) does not test on animals.

No comments: