Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sara Happ 'The Lip Slip' Lip balm - Review



I'm always on the hunt for a perfect lip balm. My lips love to dry out, it's like their hobby. I have a few favourites but I'd been longing to try out this balm for a long, long time. 

'The Lip Slip' by Sara Happ is an ultra rich balm with an incredibly wear time. I have never tried a lip balm that stays put for so long. If I apply it before bed it will still be on my lips when I wake up, it's that rich.

However, luxury like this doesn't come without a cost. Because the balm is so rich and so moisturising it also happens to be incredibly sticky. As someone who won't even wear a semi-sticky lip gloss, this is an adjustment for me. I want my lips to slide together, not grip onto each other. I've never encountered a product as sticky as this, no lip gloss could compete with the grip that this balm has.

The balm is long wearing because it's sticky, you couldn't eliminate this factor without changing the balm completely.

The balm is petroleum free (yay!) and contains Beeswax, Jojoba and Sweet almond oil for nourishment.

The other downfall is the taste. While it's nothing horrible and it's not that unpleasant, it does have that 'plastic' kind of taste to it. It smells nice though and looks great on the lips. It's a clear balm with the smallest micro-shimmer. It looks really fresh and glossy.


For me, this isn't a day time balm. The sticky texture is just too much for me to handle. It works perfectly as a night time treatment though, as long as you're not planning for any midnight kisses.

A 15g pot (which will last you a long, long time when using as a night treatment) will cost you $34.95 in Australia (you can buy online HERE) or $24 in the US, available from Sephora and Nordstrom.

Animal Testing: Sara Happ does not test on animals.

2 comments:

Donna A said...

Try Buddha Balm. You will love the taste and all natural. You can buy on their website if you cannot find (www.buddhabalm.com). Good luck.

Addicted 2 Lip Balm said...

LOVE The Lip Slip, great review! You can also buy it at www.Addicted2LipBalm.com.au along with hundreds of other yummy lip balms including Buddha Balm that Donna mentioned xx