Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Benefit POREfessional Primer - Review



The thought of using a 'spackle' like primer to even out the skin surface sounds horrible. 'Filling in pores'? Sounds like a recipe for cake-face. Especially if you have oily skin and know that whatever goes into pores loves to come right back out an hour or so after applying make up.

I've tried a lot of primers and have always settled into using more fluid, skin tone correcting ones rather than gel-like skin surface smoothing ones. They're more comfortable and hold up longer on oily skin.

But, being the ever-loving product junkie that I am, when a new product is released with over-the-top claims I'm going to be sucked right in. I have to say that I was quite surprised at how easy it was to wear.

Benefit Porefessional is a light weight gel that smooths over skin while filling in pores (and fine lines). It claims to smooth over acne scars.

I don't exactly have a problem with large pores, my pores are regular sized and I never notice that they're there but either way, who doesn't want to achieve more flawless skin.

It's a primer so it's going to help your foundation last longer on the skin. I saw an increase of wear from 4-5 hours to 7-8 hours, which for combination skin like mine that's a great accomplishment.

It's translucent when applied so it will work on any skin tone. I was horrified when I saw the tan shade of the primer in the bottle but it definitely does apply translucent.


The thing that I liked most about this primer is that you can use it both over and under make up. It's oil free and oil absorbing which means that it won't promote excess oil on the skin and you can also use to absorb and 're-smooth' out your skin if you are oily during the day. It also contains Vitamin E to help protect your skin from daily elements. 

To apply will cleanse/moisturise my skin first, then rub a small amount of Benefit Porefessional between my finger tips. I pat it only to areas with visible pores such as around the nose and near the apples of the cheeks. when applying it over make up I clear my face of excess oil with blotting film and then warm up a small amount of the primer between clean fingers and pat it over the same areas.

I must mention also that the packaging is in true Benefit style, fun and bright.

Benefit Porefessional will set you back $53 in Australia or $30 in the US for 22ml.

Animal Testing: Benefit does not test on animals.

1 comment:

emma said...

I love this product and as you know got it after hearing great things about it! I totally agreee that I was not expecting it to be as lightweight and smooth as it is. I have huge pores and have noticed that this makes a big difference to the way they look. Good post as usual :)