Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Herbal Essences 'Body Envy' Shampoo + Conditioner (Review)


It's no secret that when it comes to hair care I certainly don't shy away from a high end product. I have long, colour treated and heavily heat styled hair. That's a giant 'ka-pow!' into the damaged hair department so I do try and choose products that will nourish my hair as well as allow me to style it in whichever way I choose.

I decided to try a lower cost shampoo and conditioner just to mix it up a bit. Using the same products all the time gets boring, trying new products is exciting.

Herbal Essences was screaming my name with their curvy bottles and bright colours. I don't typically use a volumising shampoo and conditioner (because they never work) but the bottle is orange to match my loofa so obviously the decision was already made.

First off, let me just say how divine these products smell! The scent is White Nectarine & Pink Coral Flower and ohh my goodness it's amazing. Moving on..

For a volumising product, I can't really say that this provides (but like I said earlier, none of them do). I have very fine and limp hair that likes to battle a teasing comb before holding any volume so I can't really say that I'm surprised.

It does make my hair incredibly soft and shiny though and I feel like it is more 'weightless' and volumised in the lengths, just not at the roots where you'd like it. It leaves my hair flowing and silky which leaves me very happy.

The shampoo is very cleansing and could almost be classed as a clarifying shampoo when left on the hair for a few minutes (clarifying shampoos deeply cleanse the scalp and remove all product build up).

The conditioner is soft and easy to run through the hair. Because it's primary ingredient is water (like most drugstore conditioners) I recommend using almost double the amount that you would with a more expensive conditioner and leaving it in the hair for 3-5 minutes for the best result.

All in all, I really liked this cute little orange pair and would recommend it to anyone buying drugstore hair care products.

Personally, I won't repurchase the product. My main reason is that the shampoo contains sulfates and I try to go sulfate-free where possible. Also, while the conditioner left my hair super shiny and silky, this is due to the high amount of silicon oil in the product and while I am not against silicons in hair products, I personally prefer to find them a bit lower on the ingredients list. 

I found these two for $6.99 each at Coles.

Animal Testing: Herbal Essences is owned by Procter & Gamble who claim to not test any finished product on animals however they do test individual ingredients on animals - this still classes them as a comany that does test on animals. 

2 comments:

peach said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

Cheap bobbi brown brushes Wholesale from makeupbrushes-wholesale.com NOW. Best price for you! Come to have a look!