Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Chanel 'Le Blanc de Chanel' Illuminating Base - Review


I have this problem where my skin is so fair I'm practically translucent. They don't make many foundations for translucent skin and this results in me having a drawer full of foundations that are too dark, too pink or too yellow.

I'd heard of this product by Chanel that lightens up your foundations to make them wearable if they're too dark to begin with. As I deemed this to be the work of a creative god and purchased it immediately.

It turns out that the product is actually great for a variety of things, so here's a full review for your reading pleasure.

Le Blanc de Chanel is a white liquid that blends out into a sheer, illuminating make up base. Chanel states that it can be used either on it own to even out and smooth the skin while leaving a radiant complexion, before foundation to enhance radiance, mixed with foundation to brighten the complexion or dabbed directly over foundation to catch the light on the highest points of the face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, etc).



The first time I used it I acted like it was a foundation primer and it surprisingly worked really well. My foundation lasted all day and my complexion was even and smooth. It acts almost like a blur over your face to minimise all imperfections.

I have also used it as a highlighter on my cheekbones. If you have normal or dry skin then this method would look amazing on you but on my normal/oily skin it just made me look shiny.

I also attempted the 'lightening' technique mentioned above and mixed it with a slightly too dark foundation. It should be noted that Chanel never claims that this product is suitable to lighten foundations but it actually does work pretty well. The downside is that because this is a white-to-sheer product it minimises the coverage of any foundation you're mixing it with which just doesn't work for me.

I do love this product as a primer though, it's really smooth on the skin and definitely has a 'luxury' feel.

The product comes with a little spatula to remove the liquid from the bottle, I dipped the spatula down to the bottom of the bottle and pulled it back out again, this was enough to cover my whole face.

It feels quite thick at first but blends out into a lightweight product. The product is recommended for all skin types but will especially suit normal/oily skin. It's packed with moisturising properties to hydrate and soften the skin, it contains witch hazel to tighten pores and also contains fine silica powders for a softly matte complexion.


Ultimately, I like this product a lot. It's too early on to tell whether I will repurchase it or not but so far, so good!

Animal Testing: Chanel Cosmetics and Perfumes are not tested on animals.

1 comment:

girlgotstyle said...

Love the sound of this product, will have to buy it!!