Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chanel Haul!



While this is definitely not a practical or affordable obsession, I am falling more and more in love with Chanel cosmetics. Slap me now because I feel this is about to get crazy.

So, I went shopping and bought some things..

(Please remember that this is a haul, not a review. Reviews of all products will be posted in the coming weeks)

Chanel have boasted about the fact that they cater to all skin shades in all of their products, including bronzers. If you're fair to the point of being almost clear like I am, you know how much of a struggle it is to find a bronzer that doesn't make you look dirty. Chanel makes a few that I've liked so far but none that have been effortless too apply. I love their Bronze Universal cream bronzer but I have to be really careful when using it to avoid harsh lines and orange cheeks. I was looking for something that I could just brush onto my face and be done with it for every day use.

I found this bronzer on the hunt (and it's actually what prompted the haul) and thought I'd give it a go. It's the Soleil Tan de Chanel Moisturising Bronzing Powder in shade 61 - Desert Corail


I know - looks like a blush, right? It's a lot deeper than it looks in the pan and gives a subtle bronze glow to my skin - so far I'm really loving it but I'll post a proper review when I've used it more.


I enjoy Chanel lipsticks but they're definitely not the most amazing formula that you'll find on the market and due to the fact that you're looking at around $50 a piece, I would only suggest buying one if it is in a shade that you can't find anywhere else and absolutely must have.

This shade is the Rouge Coco Shine Moisturising Sheer Lipstick in the shade Chance. I like the Rouge Coco Shine formula because it is a moisturising lipstick that is actually moisturising, not just shiny. I can wear them all day and not have to apply a lip balm (which is a huge plus for me) but due to the cost, I will generally slap on some lip balm and put a different lipstick over the top.

I've been looking for a bubblegum pink lipstick that didn't have any purple tint too it - not such an easy thing to find. I also wanted it to be semi-opaque but still shiny. Chance was all of those things and really, really like it.


Next, powder. I bought this only because I've wanted to try it for so long, not because I really need another powder. I've heard such good things about it that I needed to be in the game. It's the Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder in shade 01 - Clair.

The reason that this powder is so loved is because it leaves the skin incredibly smooth and finished but the powder doesn't contain silicone like most finishing powders do. I've been loving it, I am using far less powder on my face for a far better finish. I press it into my foundation with the powder puff provided and then go over it with a fluffy brush to make sure it's all blended and there is no loose powder left on my face.


Next, Les Quatre Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow in shade 20 - Regard Perle.
The quad has four beautiful, complimentary colours that you can mix and match to make several looks. I've been loving quads recently because I don't have time in the morning to sort through palettes to find eyeshadow combinations. The shades are super pigmented and last all day, like all Chanel eyeshadows.


And lastly, Illusion d'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Shadow in shade 83 - Illusiore. I am so late jumping onto the band wagon with these but I am so, so glad I did. I wore this shadow the day after I bought it and (after a few minutes of trying to figure out how I was going to apply it) it was the first time in YEARS that I have only worn one colour of eyeshadow at one time. I smoked this out from the outer eyelid and buffed it into the crease with little effort. The shade, the pigmentation, the iridescence, it's all amazing and I can't wait to put a few more of these into my collection.


If you do your make up in a rush, this is the product for you.

So, after spending half of my life savings, I'm going to be spending the next few months rummaging through bargain bins and haggling at Priceline. 

Reviews on all products coming soon!

Animal Testing: Chanel Cosmetics and Fragrances are not tested on animals. 

3 comments:

Monique said...

Looks like you get to cross a few things off your beauty wish list :)
will be looking forward to a review on these items soon
www.missmoniqued.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

I have an obsession with Chanel too.. It is pricey but so worth it, I love my Chanel products and now I am even getting my Mum hooked hehe..

Ty said...

Ah, Chanel. So luxurious, so beautiful. I'm sure it's worth it!