Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation - Review


I have combination skin so powder is a definite must in my foundation routine. I also like a full coverage finish and using a powder foundation rather than just a setting powder helps me achieve that.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus is a completely matte, medium coverage powder when used dry or a full coverage powder when used wet. It's incredibly soft and applies like a dream. The main thing I love about this powder is that it never looks like a powder foundation when it's on the skin. It looks smooth and natural.

I apply it with a MAC 182 Kabuki brush, swirling it around my face to get a nice cover, I use it over the top of my liquid foundation to boost up the coverage and set it in place.

Studio Fix Powder doesn't have a sunscreen so you're safe to use it with flash photography and it lasts around 7-8 hours of wear.

It is obviously a foundation so you can wear it alone also, it provides a good coverage and is soft on the skin. For an added boost of luminosity when using a powder foundation I recommend MAC Fix+ skin spray, it adds radiance to your skin without disturbing your foundation.

I use this powder every day, love the coverage, love the feel and highly recommend it as one of MACs best products.

Disclaimer: I have worked with MAC on a professional level for many years and received a lot of my professional training from MAC. However I have never been employed by MAC and this product was paid for with my own money. I am not being paid for this review, all opinions are my own. 

Animal Testing: MAC has always maintained cruelty-free production of products and is against animal testing. There has been some controversy over the past few months but MAC is still maintaining that they do not test on animals. 
Some MAC brushes do contain animal hair. MAC maintains that the hair is is farmed ethically and cruelty-free. 

1 comment:

Evanescencessy said...

I have yet to try some MAC foundation products. This one seems to get some rave reviews.