Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lunch Time Haul?

 
Who went shopping? I went shopping!

MAC Tour De Fabulous launched in December, it was a collection of Lipglasses and Lip Liners. Tour De Fabulous was originally set to launch on the 26th of December, 2011 with the new Lipglass formula called 'Glamglass'. For unknown reasons, the collection was put on hold, renamed and launched at the end of 2011.

The Lipglasses are unlike any other lipglass I've used. They're incredibly smooth and super glossy. They're more opaque than other lipglasses and the staying power is incredible.

My own personal theory is that MAC were going to launch Glamglass as a limited edition range but have decided to release them as Lipglasses because the intention is to change the formula of Lipglasses to the formula of the Glamglass. A wise move, MAC, a wise move.

 
I bought four of them, swatched here:

 It's A Wow

 Tour de Fabulous

 Style Packed

 Knockout


I also purchased three of the lipliners. MAC lipliners have a fantastic staying power, they prevent feathering of lipstick and work like a primer for the lips. The only downfall is that they don't have a huge colour variety and the colours that they do have aren't unique. In the Tour De Fabulous collection MAC released a range of vibrant, unique colours.

I hadn't tried Chromographic pencils before so I picked up two of those also, I believe these may be a Pro-Only product but I'm not sure. Chromographic pencils are incredibly pigmented and they're almost like a gel, rather than a pencil. Very soft and creamy. They can be used as both eyeliners and lipliners, I purchased Pure White and NC15/NW20, a skin tone pencil.

 Then I just stocked up on a few basics. Blotting Sheets, a sharpener and a couple of brow pencils.


I purchased two mascaras, MAC Opulash and Tarte Lights Camera Lashes. These are my two most loved mascaras right now and I make sure I always have a back up tube.


I purchase the Bare Minerals Ready Palette in 'The Truth'. This was given an A- on Temptalia, and those are rare. I have never tried anything from the Bare Minerals brand before so it will be interesting. I'll post a review when I have used the product. I love the packaging, it's so sleek and has a similar texture to NARS packaging.

 

And finally, the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette! I've been craving this since I heard rumours of it's release. I'll post a couple of photographs now and a full review when I have used it properly.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awesome haul. Your blog is making me want to buy some MAC products lol..

Where did you get the Naked 2 Palette? I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Ria said...

Amazing haul girly! Style Packed looks like it's gonna be my next buy from MAC. I have my Naked 2 on the mail coming to me soon and can't wait until I get it!
x

emma said...

ooooh so much good stuff! Jealous! xx

Melanie Kuziemko said...

Wow that is what I call a drool-worthy lunchtime haul and a half, sigh, ahh I would have been busting to get home that day and try out all that booty ;) Love it all.