Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Haul!


So it's no secret that I thoroughly enjoy cosmetics, particuly the shopping of cosmetics.
Here's what I picked up a few days ago:

Firstly, I managed to get my hands on eight items from the Shop/Cook MAC Collection, you can see my post on the collection and swatches HERE.


A few MAC lipsticks, Angel, Lovelorn and Hue. All favourites and just replacements because I had used up my existing tubes, these are my three most used shades, I've gone through countless tubes:

 Lovelorn, Hue, Angel

I also picked up a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in the shade 'Romance'

 Romance

Also from MAC, a new Set Powder and Brow Pencil because I had used up my existing ones


I needed a new mascara and liquid eyeliner and decided to choose something I hadn't used before. I went with Lancome Hypnose Drama and Lancome Artliner. I used both yesterday and really, really like them. The eyeliner is incredibly black and the mascara works really well. I'll post a full review on them when I have used them more.

I found this little NARS set called 'Sea Of Love'. It contained a mini Turkish Delight Lipgloss, mini Super Orgasm blush, mini Orgasm Multiple and a full Size Laguna Illuminator. I have wanted to try NARS Turkish Delight for many years but always forgot to buy it and was put off by everyone saying that it smelt like plastic, which it does. I haven't tried the blush or the multiple but I will post review when I have. The Laguna Illuminator is something I have wanted for a while but am still figuring out how to use it. I have very fair skin so for me it's too shimmery to be a bronzer and too dark to be a highlight, I'll report back when I've figured it out.


Next, L'Occitane Hand Cream. I've been on the hunt for a really good hand cream and this one was recommended to me. I am loving it so far but I only purchased the little tube to try it out. I also bought Smiths Strawberry Rosebud Salve, it's a hydrating lip balm that can be used as a topical salve for cuticles, cuts, grazes, etc. It smells divine, incredibly strawberry scent. You can also buy it in the 'original' formula which has a rose scent. Next was a Korres Lip Butter, these have been out for a while and I've been interested in them but didn't have a need to buy it. I've been looking for a good lip balm and wanted to give this one a shot. It's a really, really strange cream. It's almost like a jelly, almost like a mousse, really odd. I bought the shade 'Pomegranate' and it smells great. 


From the MAC Vera collection I purchased the two Pearlmatte Powders. Unfortunately one of them smashed in transit and shattered into a thousand pieces. The good news though is that after I posted it on twitter, MAC Cosmetics contacted me personally to offer a replacement, how cool is that?!

Left: What it should look like. Right: The smashed powder.
Pearlmatte Powder in 'Sunday Afternoon'

I picked up three new MAC eyeshadows and a brush. The eyeshadows I bought are Typographic, Plummage and Coquette. The brush is a 214.




And finally, Cle de Peau Concealer. This is an intense concealer with a super pigmentation, just a tiny bit of this goes an incredibly long way. I've used it twice and have completely fallen in love. As someone which fair skin and dark circles I can see that this concealer will become a life saver. It has a pretty hefty price tag but because you need to use such a small amount it should last a really long time. I'll post a full review when I have had a better chance to use it.


If you want a review on anything, let me know in the comments :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi rebecca!
The nars set looks great
where did you buy it from and how much did it cost?