Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Aquolina 'Pink Sugar' - Perfume Review


Aquolina Pink Sugar screams 'bite me' with it's super sweet scent. I always get so many compliments every time I wear this and I’ll always be asked which perfume I’m wearing.

The perfume starts off with a sugar overload but quickly moved into being a deep, sweet, zesty scent. Cotton Candy, Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry and Licorice lead the scent for a few hours before the soft notes of Fig Leaves and Lily of the Valley creep through. Strawberry, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk close off the scent.

After about two hours, you can smell a strong burnt sugar scent. This has been both loved and hated in reviews but I personally love it. It smells like cotton candy and licorice got too close to the fire and have started to cook, it helps to keep the scent sweet but without smelling like a candy factory.

What I love about Aquolina Pink Sugar is that as an adult I can wear it without smelling like a teenager. It's sweet, yes, but it's also rich and deep. The smell lingers for hours and it's never overpowering. I've owned many sweet scents but none quite like this one.

I would like to note also that when you purchase the perfume it is a clear liquid in a clear bottle, as time goes on with air and light touching the fragrance, the perfume in the bottle slowly starts turning yellow. I've noticed this with my own bottle and with all the tester bottles in stores - they're all various shades of clear yellow.

I purchased a 50ml bottle last November and am about half way through it - I love it that much!

2 comments:

emma said...

Mmmm this sounds delicious! Will have to smell a spritz or two!

perfumes said...

I love perfumes.