Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Monday, January 16, 2012

What's In My Bag? January, 2012.


Maybe it's because of my naturally inquisitive nature but I love rifling through other peoples hand bags. I sling my day-to-day life over my shoulder each morning. I curiously stare at the size of another woman's handbag on the train and guess all the things she may be keeping in there.

Ever since I started blogging, one of my most requested posts was a 'What's In My Bag' post. I generally keep my handbag pretty clean, I throw so much in there that it ends up weighing a ton in a couple of days.

I also have started switching to a smaller bag on the weekends when I don't need so many items with me at all times. I'll start off by listing all the things that I will keep in my 'weekend bag' and then continue on with everything that will be thrown into my 'weekday bag'.



1: Wallet
A staple, of course. I carry a Marc Jacobs Continental Turn-Lock Wallet. I love it, it's the perfect size.

2: Phone
Because I needed my phone to take the picture, I've left my phone cover in it's place. I carry an iPhone 4s, the case is a diamante base with a lace overlay. I have a lace obsession, I found it on eBay.

3: Lipstick
On a good day I will only have 4-5 lipsticks in my bag, but usually you'll find at least 10. They're usually MAC because they're the lipsticks I will commonly reach for but you'll often find a Chanel or Revlon lipstick in there somewhere.

4: Keys
Of course, I can't get anywhere without them.

5: Hand Cream
I hate the feeling of tight or dry hands, hand cream is a must. I love Lush 'Helping Hands' hand cream, it makes my nails really shiny too.

They are the five things I will have in my weekend bag, I'll have all of the previously mentioned plus all of the following in my weekday bag.



6: Headphones
It's the little red triangle thing in the middle of the picture. It takes me a car ride, train ride, tram ride and a walk to get to work, headphones are mandatory. I use HeartBeats by Dr Dre.

7: Card Wallet
I have too many store cards and loyalty cards to keep in my wallet. I have too many to keep anywhere, actually. I keep use a separate little wallet to keep them all in, though I should really sort through them all.

8: Hairspray
Because you never know when you'll need it, it's also great for removing nail polish in an emergency, tutorial coming soon!

9: Tissues, Towelettes and feminine supplies.
Tissues, obviously. Towelettes because I hate when my hands aren't clean and I use public transport. Feminine supplies are in the little Moxie tin, I also keep band aids and Panadol in there. Multi-tasking!


10: An umbrella
This goes in and out of my handbag, depending on the season. Even though it's summer at the moment the weather has been changing rapidly. I'd rather carry an umbrella for no reason then carry a hair straightener in case it rains.

11: Dental floss, medications, band aids, nail file and a pen.
Dental floss is a must, I use easy-floss so I don't have to deal with the whole 'string' thing. Pain killers, etc. Band Aids, because I'm a female that wears shoes. Need I say more? I used to carry around nail scissors but I've been pulled over at airport security too many times too keep buying more. I have now chosen to carry a simple looking nail file.

12: Make Up essentials
Mascara, powder and a nude lipliner have a rightful place in my handbag. The mascara is MAC Opulash, the powder is MAC Pressed Blot Powder and the lipliner is MAC Naked.

13: Perfume
I am not about carry around a glass bottle of perfume in my handbag, it would smash before I even left my house. I use a Travelo refillable spray bottle, let me know if you'd like a review on it. At the moment I am carrying Aquolina.

14: Snack bars
Quick lunches on the run, forgotten breakfasts or just general pangs of hunger can be quickly solved by having healthy snack bars on hand. I love these Choc Macadamia No Numbers bars from Go Natural. They have no additives, no preservatives, no added or fake sugar. The ingredients list reads simply 'Dates, Macadamias, Almonds, Cocoa', no numbers. They're delicious and only about $1.50 from supermarkets.



15: Receipts
Because no matter how hard you try, they are going to accumulate and they are going to take up more room than they should and wrap themselves around the one object you're hunting for.

2 comments:

india said...

Great post :)
You inspired me to do one as well .. It will be posted tomorrow !
x

Rebecca said...

Oh good! Link me when you've posted it, I'd love to see :)