Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Top 10 MAC Lipsticks


It took me a hours of swatching and tough-decision-making to narrow down my MAC Lipstick collection to just 10 favourites. Mostly because I don't buy MAC Lipsticks unless I really love them and think they're unique. I only have two or three that I don't wear regularly and only two that I don't like at all. But, hard tasks must be finished so here is my Top 10 MAC Lipsticks, in no particular order.

I am listing the shade name, the finish and a quick description of the colour, followed by a picture of the shade. For more information on lipstick finishes or if you're not sure what words like 'Cremesheen' and 'Lustre' mean in the lipstick world, click here to see another blog post on the subject.

At the time of this blog post, all of the lipsticks mentioned are in the MAC permanent collection, none are limited edition or discontinued.

Impassioned - Amplified Creme
Very bright fuchsia, incredibly long wear time.
A very bright bang of colour. 

Vegas Volt - Amplified Creme
An incredible orange-tones coral, long wear time.
Bright colour but without being over-powering or attention-grabbing. 

Chatterbox - Amplified Creme
A bright pink with a red tone, very wearable throughout the day.
A great lipstick if you like colour but don't like your lips to be a statement on your face. A great shade for all skin tones.

Lovelorn - Lustre
I've gone through three of these, I love the colour.
It's perfect for those not-so-perfect lip days.
You can have dry, cracked lips and no one will know with this colour on.
It's a mid-tone pink with a blue hue, which means your teeth are going to look super white with it on.
 
Syrup - Lustre 
This shade is the same as Lovelorn in the sense that it is perfect for not-so-perfect lip days. 
Incredibly easy to wear and incredibly flattering.It's a mauve-pink, not bright, not light, not dark. 
It's a my-lips-but-better colour for those with pigmented lips.

Angel - Frost
Angel, commonly known as Kim Kardashian's favourite lip colour, was my first and my most loved MAC lipstick. It's a cult favourite because it is so flattering on every skin tone. It's a nude-pink without being nude, it's pale without being washed-out, it's pigmented without being a stand-out. It's all-in-all the perfect shade.


Fanfare - Cremesheen
Fanfare is a mid-tone pink with a yellow hue, it's coral for pink lovers.
I am always asked about my lipstick when I wear this shade, it's unique but not loud.

 Snob - Satin
This semi-matte pink gives a bright bang of colour and is an instant face lift on a tired day. MAC describes it as a 'Mauve', it's not, it's pure pink. It wears for a really long time and is flattering on light to medium skin tones.
  
Up The Amp - Amplified Creme
This lipstick is commonly seen on Mona and Aria on 'Pretty Little Liars'. I love the shade because it can be worn as a gorgeous deep pink-purple, or it can be worn lightly for a pale wash of lavender hue. Purple toned lipsticks have been seen in every fashion show for the new year and if you're going to invest in on, this should be it. It's versatile, flattering and gives a loud yell if you need it too.

Kinda Sexy - Matte
MAC describes Kinda Sexy as a neutral pinky-rose, and that's exactly what it is. It's a great nude for any skin tone, it'll appear darker on lighter skin tones and lighter on darker skin tones. It's great to tone down lips if you're playing up your eyes and it's great if you just need something to even out your lip colour. It's a great shade too have, one I use often.


I'll be posting a MAC Lipstick Giveaway in the next few days - stay tuned!
You'll want to follow me on twitter for this one: 
@ohrebeccalife


http://www.twitter.com/ohrebeccalife

3 comments:

bbBeauty said...

Love the Fanfare colour. All of them are great though, thanks for the pics.

Evanscencessy said...

I love the Vegas Volt shade!

Sarah Caron said...

Great post! I officially need to try Chatterbox.