Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chanel 'June' Nail Polish Review (NOTD)


Chanel June is a gorgeous faded apricot cream colour. It is a flat colour with no shimmer, no glitter, no dimension of any kind. It sits perfectly on the nails, adding a splash of colour without being 'in-your-face' loud.

I generally tend to stick to either dark colours, or pinks and reds. Orange tones have never been 'my thing' because they never flatter my fair complexion. Often they will make my hands look pale and blue toned. June is different, it compliments my skin tone and it would definitely compliment darker skin tones as well (I won't say it will compliment lighter skin tones than mine because lets face it, I'm practically see through). This shade would look stunning on tanned, olive, brown or darker skin. It's a universal colour.

The only bad thing about this polish is the brush. Like all Chanel nail polish brushes, it's thin and can be difficult to work with if you're not experienced. It takes a few fill in's and dotting to get this nail polish too look even and erase any streaks. I think it's because of the colour but out of all the chanel polishes I have tried, this one was the hardest to work with. But it's still wearable and you'll get the hang of it after a few atempts.

In my experience, Chanel nail polishes have had an amazing wear time (over a week) and stay looking pristine as long as you use a top coat.

As for the other nail polishes in the collection:
See my review of Chanel 'May' here
See my review of Chanel 'April' here

3 comments:

Ms Jelena said...

Another gorgeous shade! x

Stephanie said...

Soooo pretty!

Beauty in a bottle said...

Gorgeous! So perfect for summer