Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bliss Steep Clean - Face Mask


As I sit here with a green face, literally, I was contemplating blog posts for today.
You may have noticed my little poll in the top left of the screen, they are four of my upcoming blog posts and I'll post them in order of highest requested.

Until the poll has finished I have been a little stumped on what to write but then I thought 'Hey! I have a green face! Let's post about that!'.

Bliss Steep Clean has become a staple in my skin care routine, it's an amazing product for many reasons.
For those who don't know, Bliss is an elite spa in New York and although I have never had a chance to go there myself, I have tried a few Bliss products over the years and absolutely loved them.

I was browsing SkinStore.com for a an oil control face mask with microdermabrasion. I saw the Bliss logo pop up and bought the recommended product straight away.

I was going to put my review into my own words but the description that Bliss gives of the product describes it perfectly:
"Bliss Steep Clean® Mask is a pore-plunging, clog-clearing, professional-strength facial mask that transforms skin into a scene of extreme purity in just 15 minutes. This skincare essential exfoliates dead skin cells for a smoother complexion, prevents clogged pores to minimize breakouts, minimizes large pores, and brightens skin. It is a must-have for all (but especially congested) skin types."

I have revealed to you all before that I have always had a problem with forbidden pores and my constant hassle with unclogging them. Although this product doesn't clear them completely, it does a mighty fine job. It's a dermabrasion product which means that it dissolves dead skin cells and leaves your skin incredibly soft, you know, that oh-my-gosh-I-can't-stop-touching-it kind of soft. It brightens skin and leaves you feeling incredibly clean and fresh.

The bottle contains two creams, a blue cream and a yellow cream. These aren't mixed in the bottle so it also contains two pumps. The bottle asks you to push the pumps down together to mix the product but I find it a lot easier to press them individually to make sure you get an equal amount of each cream.



Pump out two pumps of the blue cream and two pumps of the yellow and mix together on your fingers. Apply to washed, clean skin and let it sit for 15 minutes (occasionally I'll go for 20 minutes). Then gently remove the mask with a warm, wet towel.

The thing I think I love the most about this product is that it doesn't sting, it doesn't tighten, it doesn't set or harden, it doesn't feel like anything other than a hydrating cream on your face. I hate face masks that I have to sit and put up with while they burn my skin. This is gentle and effective, no pain at all.

When I take off the cream my skin is glowing, healthy and so clean (some may even say it's steep clean..)

The bottle costs $54 on SkinStore.com (plus $14.95 shipping but shipping is capped at $14.95 so you can buy as many things as you want) and I honestly believe that it is a bargain, even at $54. I have used this about six times (once a week for six weeks) and I think I have about two thirds left (another 12 applications, another 12 weeks).

It's suitable for all skin types and if you have combination/oily skin I highly recommend.

No comments: