Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

6 Beauty Resolutions for 2012



New Years Resolutions aren't really my 'thing', but I thought it would be a good idea to come up with some Beauty Resolutions for 2012 as a motivation to actually complete the tasks I set up for myself.

With no prior thought, I'm making these up as I go along:


1. Develop a more natural, less chemical, skin care routine.

I use so many chemicals on my face it's crazy. I have always been very strict about skin care but I always had clear skin as a teenager so I was able to use mild cleansers. When I turned 21 my skin changed and suddenly I am having to apply tonics, creams, acids, peroxides to my face to make sure I never break out. Over the past few months my skin as settled down and I've cut out a few potions and lotions but am still using hard glycolic acid, strong salicylic acid and alcohol heavy cleansers/toners.

I am hoping that by the middle of this year I will be able to work out a more natural, less abrasive, chemical reduced skin care routine.

If you have any product suggestions, please leave them in the comments below :)


2. Use what I have

I will drastically cut down my spending on make up this year. I own more make up than any women would need throughout her entire life and quite honestly, no one needs it. I am never going to stop buying make up, I love it too much and I enjoy trying new products. In 2009 I went crazy on building a collection of everything, in 2010 I immersed myself in MAC and in 2011 I threw myself into Sephora and Nordstrom with both guns blazing, (Are you there Rebecca, it's me, Chanel). In 2012 I will buy only staple products that need constant replacement (foundation, mascara, eyeliner, etc) and only products that I know I will actually use (that poor Chanel Bronze Universal sitting in my drawer mocks me every day). I am a sucker for limited edition items. I hereby vow to read reviews and make educated decisions before spending more money on coloured powders and creams.


3. Ruts are okay.

I have been known to ban myself from using particular items because it stops me from using anything else (my Naked Palette took a bashing in the start of the year and hasn't been used since). I have decided that it is a GOOD THING to use up products and hey, if a rut is working then why stop?


4. Project 10 Pan.

For those that don't know, Project 10 Pan was a craze started by YouTube Beauty Blogger Laura (lollipop26). The basic rules are that you cannot purchase another make up item until you have 10 empty pans (pans being make up products that are completely empty). I don't like this, I don't like this at all. I like new things, no one likes old things. Alas, it has to be done. At some point during the year I will embark on Project 10 Pan, promising to not buy any more beauty products until I have finished off 10.


5. Nail-Polish Schmail-Polish. 

No more nail polishes until I have 'Nail Of The Day'd' at least 90% of the nail polishes I currently own. The extra 10% covers nail polishes that aren't as wearable (glitters, shatters etc). Now you may be thinking 'Okay, so you have a couple of months or so of not buying nail polish', nope, not true. I own about 120 nail polishes and if I change my nail polish every 5 days (on average) that's still only about 73 nail polishes in a year. I also vow not to be a cheat and paint my nails five times in one day. Exceptions will be made for very limited edition, coveted nail polishes (such as the Chanel Summer line). Damn, I'm re-thinking this one already.


6. Blog

How's a minimum of 3 posts a week sound? I want to say 5 but 3 seems more attainable for a full time worker. Let's aim for 5 posts a week with a minimum of three.


So there you have it, 6 Beauty Resolutions for 2012. I'll report back throughout the year and let you know how I'm going and which ones I regret ever making.

What are your resolutions? Leave them in the comments or make your own blog post and link me :)


Happy New Year!

No comments: