Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Butter London - Teddy Girl Nail Polish



I am a new lover of Butter London nail polishes. They have a smooth, creamy application and the colours are always identical to what you see in the bottle.

Teddy Girl is a pale pink cream with no glitter/shimmer or frost.
It is opaque on two coats and lasts for a decent amount of time with a top coat. I love this colour for all seasons and on all skin tones. The contrast against all skin tones is violent and shocking while still being completely wearable on a day-to-day basis.

The only fault I can find with this nail polish is that the formula might be a little too thin. The reason I say this is because I find it hard to keep a neat line near my cuticles. The edges often look a little rough and can take a while with a cuticle pusher or a cotton bud with nail polish remover to make them even. I have left my edges untouched for the purpose of this review but it is not difficult to clean up the edges if you like a flawless application.

I have tried finding a lower cost dupe for this colour but it is proving to be incredibly difficult. The closest I could find is Sephora by OPI's 'Dear Diary' which is a pale pink but not quite as bright as Teddy Girl.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I on;y have one polish by butter london. Thats a glitter not a huge fan at all. I’m thinking of grabbing some more but not 100% sure.

Easy Dress said...

I only have cream finishes in the line and love them all, they have really great formulas. I was going to buy 'No More Waity, Katie' but didn't after I read your review. I have read that the shimmers and glitters aren't very good but the creams are amazing, so far I have to agree.

MissTeaAddict said...

I actually find that all of Butter London's polishes are pretty lacklustre in comparison to my other favourite brands. I put up with the terrible formula because I love the colours but they always chip and peel after a day on my nails. Thankfully i've never paid full price for any of my colours otherwise i'd be very disappointed. For 3-free polishes around the same price range, I much prefer Priti, however this colour is very nice.