Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chanel Base Lumiere - Illuminating Makeup Base

 
Chanel describes the Chanel Base Lumiere Illuminating Makeup Base as a fresh, oil-free gel that evens out and illuminates the complexion.

Mmm I'd have to disagree. I swear by face primers, I have a lot of them and I like a lot of them but I definitely would not put this one at the top of the list. It does leave a nice soft feeling to the skin but as far as I can tell, that's all it does.

It does hold my make-up on for a little bit longer than if I wasn't wearing a primer at all but it's nothing fantastic. Without primer I usually get about 4 hours of make-up wear, with a good primer I can get up to 14 hours of make-up wear. With this primer I'll get about 6 hours.

Illuminating? I can't see any form of illuminating at all, especially not once I have make-up on over the top of the primer.

Other than having a Chanel logo on it, this primer is really just a semi-mattifying gel (and not a very good one at that).

30ml costs $78 at Chanel counters in Australia and will last you a few months.

I won't repurchase, I doubt I'll even finish the bottle, it just doesn't work.

Chanel make some fantastic products, this just isn't one of them, sorry.

4 comments:

Sarah Kretchmer said...

Great review. Very honest. Just based on the name the product sounds like it would leave the skin looking amazing but I guess there are products out there with kess fancy names that actually deliver.

Growing Up said...

Hi there! I like your honest review. I am looking for a good primer. Which one would you recommend?

Rebecca said...

Hello :) I personally love the Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer but it is kind of expensive. L'Oreal makes great full face primers in their Studio Secrets range, you can find them at Priceline.

Growing Up said...

Thanks for the tip! :) Pleasantly surprised that you recommended options that are definitely more affordable than Chanel's! I'll be checking them out.