Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

MAC Paint Pot - Bare Study

Over the next few weeks i'm going to be blogging about a staple product in my every day make-up routine; MAC Paint Pots.

Paint Pots, like any other high quality eye primer, ensure that your eyeshadow stays on all day, stays pigmented, doesn't move from your eyelids and doesn't crease. Unlike other lid primers though, Paint Pots come in a variety of colours so they can be worn as a primer, or just as an eyeshadow. They're also really great at making eyeshadows 'pop', giving them a colour boost. 

I was going to do one big post on them but I really want to talk about how I use each one seperately so i'm starting with the one I use every single day.


Bare Study is a pale champagne colour, I would describe is as a pale white/pink with golden reflects.
I use this all over my lid and up to my brow every single day as my eye primer. It's perfect for almost any skin tone.

I prefer using bare study rather than a regular lid primer because of the extra coverage it gives over my eye lids (I have a few freckles on my lids, close the the eyebrow). It provides a new, even surface to work on.

If I do want to use a colour as a base, I will still apply Bare Study all the way up to my brow and then add another colour Paint Pot over the lid. Bare Study is versatile and is the perfect addition to any look.

A Paint Pot will set you back $30 but mine lasted about 18 months with almost every day use.

I recommend Bare Study for everyday wear on almost every skin tone, it's flawless, subtle and your eyeshadows will thank you.

(Bare Study does have a sheen and very suttle shimmer to it, if you prefer a Matte base or if you have darker skin, I recommed buying Painterly Paint Pot. It's a little more skin toned and doesn't have the same sheen.)


Q: Do you use an eye primer?

Disclaimer: I have worked with MAC on a professional level for many years and received a lot of my professional training from MAC. However I have never been employed by MAC and this product was paid for with my own money. I am not being paid for this review, all opinions are my own. 


Animal Testing: MAC has always maintained cruelty-free production of products and is against animal testing. There has been some controversy over the past few months but MAC is still maintaining that they do not test on animals. 
Some MAC brushes do contain animal hair. MAC maintains that the hair is is farmed ethically and cruelty-free. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this post is very usefull thx!