Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sleek Devine 'Storm' Palette


I'm never really interested in buying the 'lower end' eyeshadows. I've tried them all and they just don't compare to my higher end, higher quality shadows. But, surrounding all the hype about the Sleek Palettes, I decided to give one a go.

I can't be sure how much these retail for in the US, but I purchased mine online for $16, which is about the same price as a Maybelline or Covergirl quad.

There are many different palettes of different colours to choose from, I chose 'Storm' because it looked like it had the most wearable shades. The colours are a metallic finish (similar to a Velux Pearl from MAC) except for two matte shades (the third left on the top and fifth left on the bottom). After I opened the (incredibly nice) packaging, I straight away swatched each colour on my fingers and I was impressed but didn't get my hopes up.

I tried the colours the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, etc, etc.
Bottom line, AMAZING quality, nothing like any drug store brand, I couldn't even class this palette as being of drug store quality. The pigmentation is fantastic, they last all day (over primer, I used MAC Bare Study Paintpot) and with the exception of one colour there was no fall out.

The navy blue colour (fourth in on the bottom row) has a lot of fall out, I couldn't make it work without looking like I had bruises over my face, which is disappointing but it's not going to stop me from buying more of these amazing palettes. The only other complaint is from the light matte shade, now I don't really like matte shades in the first place, but the colour pay off of this one is far less than the other colours (third from left, top row)

(swatches found on google images)

Every thing from the product to the packaging is great about this item.
I'm giving it a 9/10, half a point taken from the flakey dark blue, and half a point for the pale matte shade.

9/10

No comments: