Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nivea 3-in-1 Waterproof Make-Up Remover


I've used a lot of make-up removers, there are some that i've liked and repurchased, there are some that i've managed to use up but didn't buy again and there are some that i've just hated.
I wear a lot of waterproof make-up, especially eyeliners and mascaras, and it is a pain in the neck to remove but I like it better.

When I think of Nivea, I think of High School. It's probably the cheapest skincare brand in any drug store and it was what I would always buy when I didn't have the money to spend on other brands. I haven't even touched a Nivea product in years, even through my quests to find that perfect eye make-up remover.

So there I was, browsing the skin-care isle of my supermarket with my sister, trying to find a remover that I hadn't tried before. After saying a swift 'no' to 5 or 6 removers that I had already tried, my sister pointed to this one. I saw the brand and answered with a biast 'no'. I told her that if a $19 remover wasn't going to work, a $6 remover wasn't going to work. While I looked for others, she read the back of it out to me and eventually convinced me to buy it. I'm now on my third bottle.

This is the first make-up remover that i've tried that removes most water proof make-up without having to rub my eyes within an inch of their life. It seems to just melt away most mascaras and eyeliner glides off.

Having said that, it's not fantastic at removing the one mascara that no brand seems to be able to remove which is Max Factor False Lash Effect. But it does try harder than others.

The formula is moisturising and it's a cream rather than a water-like liquid. It contains Chamomile which is great for night-time use. It's ophthalmologically tested, as all eye make-up removers should be, and it's suitable for contact lens wearers.

Great product, great value and i'll be happy to keep buying this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Lucinda said...

I am going to buy this. I have been using clarins eye makeup remover and it just won't budge my maybelline falsies mascara. Hopefully this will do the trick.