Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Make-Up

This product has been a rising star in the online beauty community and as soon as I heard that it was a dupe for NARS Sheer Glow (A product that I can't buy in Australia) I had to grab it and give it a go.

On first use, this product was almost thrown in the bin. It's not like other foundations i've tried. I applied it far too thick and ended up looking washed out and my skin had a grey tint.

After working with it more, I started to like it. I apply my usual foundation with a 187 skunk brush, I stipple it on and blend it out. You absolutly cannot do that with this foundation. It's a lot thicker and needs more pressure to blend properly. Instead, I used a 190 flat foundation brush and very lightly sweep it on starting in the middle of my face and working outwards.
I end up with a semi-matte, medium but buildable coverage.

Would I recommend this product? Yes and no.

On the up side, it's cheap, it's non irritating and it has a good coverage. It lasts all day (which is amazing) and it doesn't add oil to already oily skin. It's soft enough to also use on dry skin.

The down side is that it is thick and can feel a little bit 'mask like'. It does last all day, but does start to lower itself into pores and fine lines towards the end of the day. And this is just a personal preference, but it's a little too 'matte' for me.

Compared to it's drug store competitor, Revlon Colorstay, this foundation wins hands down.

I should also tell you that when I do wear this foundation (which has been a lot recently), I mix it with my Clinique Even Better Foundation. About 70% Neutrogena and 30% Clinique, I find that it just adds a little more 'glow' and takes away a lot of the matte finish.

A great bargain and great product, I would recommend this to anyone who's looking for a medium-full coverage and a semi-matte finish. It would work for all skin types.

1 comment:

Mr Musafir said...

Your are beautiful. That is all :)