Welcome to rebeccalife.com! Navigating rebeccalife.com is easy and you can still find all the posts and category's you loved from EasyDress and EasyBite in the drop down menus. Click Here if you need help navigating. Happy Browsing!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Zoya Matte Nail Polish - Posh


This is the first Matte Nail Polish that I've tried, I know I'm late in jumping onto the trend but I was convinced that I would hate it. I love nail polishes but one thing that I love the most is the shine. The whole point of Matte Nail Polish is that it has no shine at all.

So I bought this Zoya nail polish from eBay and the day it came I took off my original, shiny pink/orange nail polish and replaced it with this one. It's a dark red/plum colour when it's dry, quite a lot darker than the bottle.

The most noticable thing when applying the polish is the speed in which it dries. I could literally watch it dry as I watch the shine fade and the matte effect appear.
I was surprised by the feel of the nail polish, I thought it would feel rough or chalky but it's actually very smooth and nice to touch, almost like velvet.

As for the look, i'm not sold on it. I miss the shine.

The good thing though is if you buy a matte nail polish and you don't like it, you can put any top coat over it and you'll have your shine back.

So here's the run down:

Nail Polish: Zoya 'Posh' Matte Velvet Lacquer #500
Price: $AU11 - Brand New on eBay
Wear: I'm only on day three but there are no chips or cracks which is great, it looks as if it'll wear for at least 6 days.
Texture: Quite a runny formula, two coats is needed and it can get quite messy if you're not experienced at applying your own polish.

General Comments: It's 'okay'. The colour is great, the wear and the feel are great but the lack of shine looks like it's 'half-finished' to me. Maybe i'm just not meant to wear Matte.


Score: 6/10


No comments: